Carol Mccloskey – Praticienne en psychothérapie – Counselling – Cabinet Psychothérapie – 9 Place de Gaulle 06600 Antibes – 06 01 82 53 72
Couples therapy is a non-judgmental space to work out the blockages and challenges in your relationship with your partner – as well as taking time to develop and appreciate the resources in your couple connection. Some of the reasons why couples seek counseling sessions are:
- To search for a new connection after a relationship crisis has damaged trust and created hurt and shame.
- To help create a balance between the desire for spontaneity and the need for stability.
- To recover intimacy lost in caretaking and routine
- To find insight through the decision making process of separation and divorce.
- To navigate cultural differences and gender rôles impacting the relationship.
As a couples counselor, I listen to the relationship so as to help couples communicate effectively on their personal emotional and sexual needs. Today the field of relationship therapy has been enriched with contributions from neuroscience, attachment theory and gestalt. Couples therapy can also involve the learning experience of useful ‘tools’ in relating. Couple counseling encompasses all sexual identities, ages and relationship configurations. Our goal is to understand what is right for you and your partner.
A practical detail Couples’ sessions last for 1h30. I am available by phone or email to answer any questions you may have about the process of relationship therapy.